Useful properties of bergamot
Bergamot is not just tea, but an independent citrus fruit, which has numerous properties. Find out which ones!
What is bergamot? It is a citrus hybrid fruit belonging to the Rutovs and obtained by artificially crossing two citruses: an orange and citron. Homeland scientists call Southeast Asia.
The tree sometimes reaches 7-10 meters in height and during the flowering period is covered with numerous beautiful flowers. After they fall off, fruits are tied, externally reminiscent of lemons, but having smaller sizes (about 6 centimeters in diameter), lumpy green peel and light green flesh.
Fresh fruits are rarely consumed, as the pulp tastes bitter-sour. But in the peel contains a large amount of essential oils that flavor the famous Earl Gray tea, liqueurs, desserts.
Interesting fact! It is believed that the cultivation of bergamot began actively in the Italian city of Bergamo.But citrus gained real popularity in the seventeenth century, when French perfumers began to add essential oil to toilet water.
Essential oils, organic and fatty acids, protein, ash, carbohydrates, selenium, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamins C, groups B, PP, A are found in the composition of bergamot. Calorie hundred grams about 35 kilocalories.
Useful properties of bergamot are very numerous:
- This is an excellent means of improving mood and relieves depression. The aroma is pleasant and bright: inhaling it, you can experience pleasant emotions, forget about stress and problems. And for these purposes, bergamot is often used for aromatherapy sessions.
- Bergamot helps strengthen the body's defenses and increase its resistance to various infections, improve immunity. And he will speed recovery if the cold has already attacked.
- Citrus has pronounced anti-inflammatory properties that extend to various tissues of the human body.
- Bergamot can be considered a natural aphrodisiac, since its aroma and its constituent substances help to enhancelibido in both sexes. And selenium improves the mobility and vitality of male sperm.
- The fruit has a pronounced antiseptic effect, contributing to the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms and reducing the risk of infection of tissues.
- Bergamot will help to stop pain and relieve spasm with headache, muscle and tooth pain.
- This is a great tonic, giving strength and energy, providing a fortifying effect on the body.
- Bergamot stimulates the brain, improves memory, helps to concentrate attention, accelerates thought processes and a positive effect on mental abilities.
- This citrus accelerates digestion, promotes proper digestion of food.
- Fruit with regular use will normalize the functioning of the heart and blood vessels.
- In cosmetology, bergamot is used to tone the skin, rejuvenate, eliminate hyperpigmentation, narrow pores and normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands.
Are there any contraindications?
Although bergamot is very useful, it is contraindicated in some cases: in children up to 12 years old, during pregnancy,with individual hypersensitivity and available allergies to citrus fruits, as well as with insomnia and hypertension.
How to use?
You can use fragrant and healthy bergamot in different ways:
- Make salad dressing. Squeeze the juice out of the fruit, mix with herbs and salt, and then season the ingredients.
- To improve the taste and flavor of desserts. For example, zest or juice can be added to jam, jelly, jelly, jam, smoothies.
- Cooking pastries. Dropping a drop of bergamot oil into the dough, you will give it a unique flavor.
- Add to drinks, for example, in tea. If you do not know how to brew it, you can simply add a few dried skins and leaves of bergamot to the leaf tea leaves, or drop a drop of essential oil on the tea to add flavor.
- To flavor alcoholic beverages, for example, wines, liqueurs, brandy, brandy, vodka and so on. Strong alcohol can be infused on the peel and zest of bergamot.
- Apply to aromatherapy. Either put the fruit skin next to you, or put a couple of drops of essential oil on the aroma lamp or on a cotton pad. Inhale the aroma of 15-20 minutes in the morning for a quick wake-up or in the middle of the day to get rid of pain, improve mood.
Bergamot is a fragrant, unusual and healthy fruit that not only ideally combines with tea, but also helps to strengthen one’s health if used correctly.
I would never have thought to use IT for purposes other than intended
What is Rf face lifting and how useful
How to make perfect eyebrows