Six delicious stuffed pepper recipes for the whole family.
Sweet pepper is created to be stuffed and baked in the oven. Purified from the seeds, it resembles a pot. You can fill it with any filling. To do this, you need meat, vegetables, mushrooms, cereals, herbs and spices. I advise you to buy even fruits of the right size so that the filling can be placed in them. You can use multi-colored pods for stuffing, which look very impressive when served to the table.
Preparation for cooking
Cut off the top of the prepared peppers, remove seeds and partitions, rinse inside with water. It is advisable to blanch the fruit by dipping it in boiling water for a couple of minutes. This will give softness and prevent cracking.
If you are preparing a classic version, consider the following. 10 pods will need 0.5 kg of minced meat, 150 g of onions, 3 tablespoons of rice cooked to half-cooked, spices to taste.
For the sauce, take 40 g of tomato paste, 150 g of thick sour cream and water.You can substitute sour cream with cream, and mashed potatoes with canned tomatoes. Fill to the brim with stuffing, but do not tamp. Pour the sauce so that the liquid covers the fruit by a third. Stew in the oven for 40-60 minutes at 200 degrees.
Stuffed peppers - healthy food for the stomach and shape. Its pulp contains fiber, which helps digest other foods faster and gives you a minimal amount of calories.
Calorie table of different dishes
|Classic version with minced meat and rice||160,8||10,2||11,4||7,0|
|With vegetable filling||99,1||5,8||7,7||13,7|
|With chicken in mushroom sauce||130,8||4,2||4,9||7,9|
The classic recipe for pepper stuffed with minced meat and rice
You will need the fruits of sweet pepper with thin walls. What color is not important. However, the green pods after cooking are slightly bitter, so they are best left for salads.
- 8-10 large sweet peppers;
- 0.5 kg of pork or beef pulp;
- 110-120 grams of rice;
- 1 tomato;
- 1 head of garlic;
- season to taste with salt and spices.
- Make minced meat, season with salt, pepper, add rice (rinse it beforehand). Mix well.
- Clean the pods neatly from the seeds. Cups must remain intact.
- Fill vegetables with minced meat and put in the form, after adding refined oil to the bottom. Pour in 350 ml of water and send to an oven heated to 200 degrees.
- After 30 minutes (in the middle of cooking), put a diced tomato, spices and salt to taste, whole garlic head. It is enough to remove the upper husks from it, without looking at the teeth.
Stuffed Peppers with Cheese
Stuffed peppers with cheese are suitable for a low-calorie dinner or lunch. This recipe meets all indicators of modern dietology.
- 8-10 peppers;
- 150 g red onions;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- 200 g of millet groats + 200 g of boiled chickpeas;
- 1 handful of pitted olives;
- 10 dried tomatoes;
- 80 g of spinach;
- 150 g of feta cheese;
- 15 ml of lemon juice;
- 1 pinch of lemon peel;
- 1 pinch of dried basil;
- 50 ml of olive oil;
- season to taste.
- Warm up the oil in the skillet, add the millet, previously washed. Roast while stirring for about 3 minutes.Remove the pan from the stove and leave for 5 minutes, then loosen with a fork.
- Cut the pods on the mats. Put on a baking sheet, sprinkle with oil, a little salt and send in a hot oven. Bake on each side for 3 minutes.
- Chop the onion finely. Heat the pan with oil and brown onions. Season with dried basil, add chickpeas, cook with stirring for 8 minutes. At the end of frying put spinach, remove from the stove after 2 minutes.
- Shredded tomatoes chop pieces, olives - halves. Add tomatoes, zest, olives, juice, millet, half of the cheese (crumble) to the pan. Mix everything. Season if necessary.
- Stuff the pods, put the remaining cheese on top.
- Send to hot oven (200 degrees). Cook until cheese is melted.
Pepper Stuffed with Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
A completely different flavor gives the stuffed peppers a different sauce - mushroom. You can take any mushrooms, you will need about 300 grams.
- 12 pieces of bell pepper.
- 0,9 kg of chicken fillet;
- 100 g onions;
- to taste garlic;
- 5 sprigs of dill + parsley;
- 50 g of semolina;
- to taste paprika, black pepper, salt.
- 220 g fat sour cream;
- 10-15 g of flour;
- 75-80 g onions;
- 300 g of champignons;
- season to taste.
- Start with the sauce. In a skillet, heat the sour cream, add flour, boil for 2-3 minutes. Fry the onion in a separate skillet, add finely chopped mushrooms. Fry until soft and send to sour cream sauce. On low heat boil for 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Prepare the filling. Fillet cut into pieces, cook stuffing. Onions, garlic, grind greens with a blender, all combine with meat, mango and mix.
- Prepare the pepper (cut the tops, remove seeds). Stuff with minced meat.
- In the form of pour mushroom sauce. Top with stuffed pods. Add boiling water if necessary (the liquid level should cover the peppers by a third).
- Put the form in a hot oven. The cooking time is 55 minutes (200 degrees).
Peppers with tomatoes in the oven
To make the sauce more spicy, I recommend adding chopped garlic cloves to it.
- 6 pods of bell pepper;
- 0.5 kg minced meat;
- 150 g cream cheese;
- 0.3 kg of canned tomatoes;
- 2 sprigs of cherry;
- 80 g onions;
- garlic to taste;
- 5 leaves of lettuce;
- some fresh parsley;
- 100 g thick sour cream;
- 1 pinch of basil;
- to taste seasonings.
- Pods divided into halves, put on a baking sheet and put in a hot oven. It will be enough for 8 minutes.
- In a frying pan with hot oil, fry the chopped onion and garlic.
- Put stuffing, fry. Add crushed tomatoes, season and simmer for about five minutes.
- Fill the halves with minced meat, sprinkle with grated cheese on top. Put in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
To serve, chop the greens, cut the cherry into quarters, lettuce - into thin strips. Put the finished peppers on a dish, sprinkle with grated cheese, greens, lettuce, cherry slices, drizzle sour cream on top and immediately on the table.
Lenten pepper with vegetables
Variety of lean table can be stuffed with peppers and vegetables. Cooking is similar to a dish with meat filling, but the stewing time is reduced to 30 minutes. Serve better in a cooled form, sprinkling with chopped herbs.
- 8 fruits of pepper;
- 120 g carrots;
- small celery root;
- 160 g of onion;
- 200 grams of cabbage;
- 60 ml of refined oil;
- 200 ml of tomato juice;
- fresh greens;
- season to taste.
- Peel and chop the vegetables. Cabbage can be arbitrarily chopped.
- In the refined oil, fry the prepared vegetables, season.
- From each pod to cut off the top, cut partitions, remove the seeds.
- Immerse in boiling water for 1 minute. Discard the sieve.
- Fill the cooled fruit with a vegetable filling.
- Put in the form, pour tomato juice. Bake for 20 minutes (200 degrees).
When the vegetarian peppers are ready, put them on a deep dish, sprinkle with chopped greens.
- 8 pods of sweet pepper;
- 230 g of rice;
- 150 g of onion;
- 300 g fresh mushrooms;
- 60-70 ml of oil.
- Rinse the pods, cut off the top and remove the seeds. Dip in boiling water for 2 minutes, then put on a sieve (colander) and leave until the water is drained.
- For the filling, boil 230 g (1 cup) of rice. Rinse the mushrooms beforehand and send them to boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain the water, rinse the mushrooms. Grind them and fry in refined oil.On a separate frying pan brown onions. Combine the finished rice with mushrooms, onions and season to taste.
- Pour a little oil into the mold. In it, tightly lay the stuffed peppers. Pour in water, tomato puree and simmer in the oven for 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
Choosing the right pods for the dish.Criterias of choiceTips for choosing
|Length||The pod should be smooth, without cracks, about 9 cm long.|
|Thickness||"Meaty" peppers will give sweetness, with thin walls - will add bitterness. The thicker the wall, the juicier and tastier the dish will turn out.|
|Colour||In the first place are red varieties, they contain antioxidants, lycopene. Yellow too are good, they are rich in carotene. Greens are less useful and less suitable for stuffing. They have a grassy taste, and when cooked, they start to taste bitter, turn dirty green (which does not cause appetite).|
Cooking stuffed peppers at home is easy and simple - you need to cut off the upper part together with the tail, remove partitions with seeds, rinse with water.As a filling, you can use vegetables, meat, mushrooms and cereals. Pods filled with minced meat should be tightly laid in a mold, pour over the sauce and stew. Cooking time depends on the ingredients of the recipe of the selected dish.
Principles of ventilation
Why do not you hold a man if he wants to leave
What hair color fits green eyes?
Detox: put the body in order for three days
What not to do December 31 - Popular beliefs
Fleece Bear with a Heart