Simple and unusual venison dishes
Venison is not the most common product, because such meat belongs to the category of game and is even considered a delicacy. But if you are lucky and you have some deer meat, then try to cook it so that you get something very tasty and unusual!
How to make a choice?
To make the dish exactly tasty, you need to take a responsible approach to the choice of venison. Here's what to look for:
- Where can I buy? Shopping to do better in large chain stores with an impeccable reputation. To buy such a product on the market can only be in the northern regions. In any case, the seller must have certificates confirming that the meat has passed laboratory tests and does not contain pathogenic microorganisms. Moreover, such papers should be provided at the first request of any buyer.
- In what form to buy? In most regions of the country venison is sold in frozen form, in which it retains all its taste and beneficial properties, and is also stored for a rather long time and does not deteriorate.Chilled meat can only be bought in the northern regions where the deer live. But in this form the shelf life of the product will be minimal.
- What to get? Which part of the carcass is best to choose? When dressing it is usually divided into a saddle (it includes the lower back), shoulders, front legs and neck, as well as hind legs. The most tender meat is usually in the saddle, so it is often used for roasting. The neck and shoulders are very muscular and therefore hard, so it’s best to simmer or use them to make minced meat, which makes excellent sausages, burgers and sausages. And the legs are usually baked in whole or in portions in the oven or on the grill.
Many are interested in how much to cook venison. Everything will depend on the particular part of the carcass selected, as well as on the method of preparation. For example, it is necessary to extinguish the neck for a long time, only this way it will become gentle and soft. And if you decide to roast meat, then it is important not to overdo it, otherwise the dish will be very dry.
One of the characteristics of venison is the low fat content. And this means that cooking should involve adding a sufficient amount of oil or fat,otherwise the dish will be dry or even burn.
Many cooks to give the meat tenderness and softness pre-marinate it. And such training is sometimes appropriate. But it is worth remembering that prolonged soaking in a sour marinade can, on the contrary, aggravate the situation, so be careful.
Also there is an opinion that venison can be larded with lard or bacon. But this, firstly, is optional, and secondly, in this way you can kill the tender taste of meat and its specific, subtle and pleasant aroma.
How to cook?
So, how to cook mouth-watering venison dishes? Below are the most successful recipes.
Recipe number 1
You can prepare an appetizing and spicy roast venison. This will require:
- 600-700 grams of venison;
- 1 onion;
- 1 apple;
- 50 ml of some berry liqueur;
- 50 grams of cranberries;
- pepper and salt to taste;
- cooking oil for frying;
- small amount of water.
- First you need to prepare venison. To do this, rinse it thoroughly, dry it and cut into small portions.
- Peel and chop the onion. Peel and chop the apple.
- Now heat the vegetable oil in the pan and begin to fry the meat. When a thin crust appears on it, add chopped onions and an apple. Cook it all together for about 7-10 minutes.
- When the apple is soft, you can add lingonberries and liqueur. Also add some water.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook all ingredients until ready, so that the venison will become soft.
- At the very end, do not forget to roast salt and pepper.
By the way, you can cook such a dish in a slow cooker. Simply first fry all the ingredients by selecting the appropriate mode ("Hot"), and then select quenching and bring the roast until cooked.
Recipe number 2
Try baking venison in foil, it should be very tasty! Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 2 kilograms of venison (better to take a leg);
- 5-7 cloves of garlic;
- 300 ml of red dry wine;
- 150 grams of cranberry;
- 1 head of purple or red onion;
- 1 tablespoon of sugar;
- ½ tsp ground ginger;
- pepper and salt to taste;
- vegetable oil.
- Venison needs to be washed and dried.
- Now peel the garlic and cut it into small pieces (preferably flat).
- In a piece of meat, make a few cuts, put the pieces of garlic in them. Rub the entire surface with a mixture of pepper, ground ginger and salt.
- Wrap the piece in foil and send to the oven preheated to 180-200 degrees. Venison will be ready in about a half to two hours (everything will depend on the features of the oven, as well as on the size of the piece). But you can determine readiness by making an incision. If the released juice is transparent, then the pulp is probably ready. If it is pink or the more red, then the venison must be cooked longer. Half an hour before the end of the process, the foil can be deployed so that the meat is browned and covered with an appetizing crust.
- While the meat is in the oven, prepare the sauce. To do this, wash the cranberries and in a blender chop it together with sugar. Onions peel and finely chop, fry it in vegetable oil, and then add cranberry puree and wine. Cook for about five minutes and turn off the fire.
- Slice the venison into portions and serve with sweet and sour wine-cranberry sauce.
Recipe number 3
You can make very tasty cutlets from venison.
List of required ingredients:
- 500 grams of venison;
- 100 grams of fat;
- 3 slices loaf or white bread;
- 1 egg;
- 2 onions;
- 50 grams of milk;
- 1 carrot;
- 3 tablespoons of flour;
- 50 ml of water;
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- seasonings and salt to your taste.
How to cook? It's simple:
- It is necessary to let venison with fat through a meat grinder. If you want the mincemeat to be gentle, then repeat the procedure.
- Clean the bread from the crusts (they can be simply cut with a knife) and soak in milk until softened.
- Mix the mince with seasonings and salt, add the egg and softened bread, mix everything thoroughly with your hands or with a blender.
- Fry the patties, rolling them in flour, in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- To make the burgers more tender and soft, stew them in the sauce. To do this, fry chopped onion and grated carrot until golden, then add tomato paste, salt and water, simmer for a couple of minutes, and then put cutlets into this sauce and simmer for about five minutes under the lid.
Please your relatives with unusual and delicious venison dishes, if you have the opportunity!
How to convince a girl to quit smoking
How to beat chlamydia folk remedies
Modern graduation in elementary school 2017 is a funny unusual scenario (video): in the form of a fairy tale and on nominations. Scenario Ideas Goodbye Primary School in 4th Grade
We knit a hat with a beard knitting and crochet