Membrane clothing is an excellent solution for winter and autumn
In the cold season it is very important to dress warmly. Protect from frost and wind will help modern membrane clothing. But to make it really warm and comfortable, make the right choice and take care of the care.
What is it and how does it work?
What is the membrane that has recently become actively used for the manufacture of outerwear? This is a modern and high-tech material, processed in a special way. On the main material from the wrong side is applied either the thinnest film, or a special impregnation, which is literally soldered at the manufacturing stage in the hot way.
The membrane forms microscopic pores, which determine the principle of action of the products. These holes are so small that water molecules from the outside can not penetrate them. In other words, the things that are under the membrane outer clothing are not exposed to wetting.But the vapor particles that form during perspiration quietly flow through the pores and, thus, are brought out, which allows for the normal evaporation of moisture and natural air circulation.
Types of membrane tissues
Depending on the design, membrane materials are divided into three types:
- Double Layer. Such a material consists of an outer fabric and a membrane applied to it from the wrong side. As a rule, things have a lining that protects pores from damage and clogging.
- Three-layer. The composition, respectively, includes three layers. The outer layer is the base material, the middle one is the membrane, and the inner layer is the knitted mesh that provides protection. All layers are bonded together by lamination.
- The 2.5-ply materials have two main layers (the outer core material and the membrane), as well as an internal protective coating applied with a kind of pimply foam. This is a modern material, characterized by durability and ease.
If the membrane structure is taken as the basis of the classification, then the following varieties can be distinguished:
- The poreless membrane works like this: the vapors fall on the wrong side, linger on it, and then, in the process of diffusion, move outwards.Such material is more durable and does not require special care, but it is not very comfortable in the sock, as in the first few minutes it may seem that the fabric is wet (this is due to slow evaporation).
- The pore membrane has pores through which vapors penetrate from the inside, but moisture does not enter from the outside. The advantages are breathability and a comfortable sock. Cons - fast wear (pores are clogged, and the material stops working), as well as difficult care.
- The combined membrane has a backside porous coating, and a non-poreless layer is applied on the outside. That is, moisture evaporates quickly from the body, but it does not penetrate from the outside.
Is it worth buying such clothes?
For whom is membrane clothing designed:
- For children active and excessively mobile. Before their parents often raises the question of how to dress your child so that he does not freeze, not get wet and not sweat. The ideal option would be a membrane. But if the child is sitting or spending most of the time playing quiet games, then there is no point in such clothes.
- For women and men leading an active lifestyle. If you move a lot and intensively in the cold season and spend a lot of time outside,then membrane clothing will also be your good helper.
- For professional athletes, especially those involved in winter sports. They will not get wet with snow and will not sweat during exercise.
How to make a choice?
How to choose a membrane clothing? When buying, consider the following criteria:
- Pay attention to the cut: it should be as comfortable as possible, especially if you exercise.
- Winter membrane clothes should sit fairly loosely, only in this case it will be kept warm under it.
- Evaluate the seams. All of them must be of high quality. Sticking and torn threads, as well as crooked lines will speak of low quality.
- Which view to choose? As for the design, the most modern and practical option is a 2.5-layer membrane. Two-layer is short-lived, and three-layer will increase the weight of the product. The optimal structure is a modern combined, combining the advantages of pore and besporovoy.
- It is worth trusting only proven and well-established manufacturers, such as "Ultimex", "Sofitex", "Cyclone", "Gore-Tex", "Porelle", "Sympatex", "TransActive".
For membrane clothing to work, you should wear it correctly. An important principle of operation is multi-layered.The first layer should be underwear, the second layer - warming, and the third - outer clothing, that is, pants and jacket. And it is advisable to wear things from either synthetic or mixed materials, since all-natural, as a rule, absorb moisture and retain it. No less important rule is movement, because the membrane works only in the period of activity.
Tip: In spring or autumn, you can wear underwear with membrane things. At -5 degrees you need to warm up, wearing a suit of wool or fleece.
How to properly care for diaphragm clothing? Care is to comply with the following rules:
- If you do not know how to erase such things, do not send them to the washing machine and do not use ordinary powders. Machine wash deforms the fabric, and powder particles clog the pores. Use only liquid and gentle, detergents that do not contain chlorine and other aggressive components and wash the membrane clothes manually at a temperature not higher than 30-40 degrees.
- After washing, gently and without twisting wring out clothes. Surplus moisture can be removed by any absorbent cloth.
- Important and proper drying.Drying such things should only be done in a straightened form and on a horizontal surface. They should not be located near heating devices.
- You do not need to iron clothes from the membrane!
- To extend the service life and preserve all qualities, use special impregnations, for example, fluorine-based sprays that increase water repellency. But such funds are applied only to dry and clean things.
- Try to avoid contamination so that the pores do not clog.
- Keep things on hangers in protective cases.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of membrane clothing:
- Protection from getting wet.
- Under such things a constant comfortable temperature is maintained.
- Membrane tissue practically does not get dirty. But after each walk pollution should be removed.
- High price.
- Special care is required.
- Relative fragility.
- The membrane does not always work, you need to pick up and put on certain clothes under the outerwear, as well as move.
If you think that membrane clothing is useful to you, then be sure to buy it!
James Bond fight with Russian villains
Top 10 good ideas for a children'
Knitted waistcoat without a single seam
How to grow a flower bilbergia
How to be a widow
The basic rules of etiquette when visiting a restaurant
Nikofrost - drops from smoking
She got married after flying and became infinitely unhappy