MacRurus - cooking secrets
Fish lovers know that there are a huge number of species. Some of them are not so popular, but also deserve attention. For example, a lot of useful and interesting dishes can be prepared from the makrurus.
Description of fish and its properties
Macurus is a commercial fish belonging to the order of Cods. It lives in depth, as it prefers lower temperatures. The average body length is about a meter, but there were specimens that reached two meters, and their weight was about 30 kilograms. The head of the macrouricus is large, there are noticeable prominent ridges above the eyes. The tail is elongated and thin, the posterior dorsal and anal fins run along it. The body covers scales, often it is supplied with short spines. Color may be dark, brownish-gray or light gray.
MacRurus is useful because it contains a lot of valuable substances: magnesium, iron, calcium, phosphorus, cobalt, zinc, fluorine, sodium, sulfur, potassium, iodine, magnesium, amino acids (tryptophan, methionine, lysine), vitamins A, C, PP, D, group B, E. The caloric value is very low and is only 60-65 kilocalories per 100 grams.
The use of macrouras lies in its following properties:
- Phosphorus improves the functioning of the brain, accelerates the thought processes, improves memory.
- Iodine is necessary for the smooth operation of the thyroid gland.
- Vitamins of group B take part in metabolic processes and positively influence the functioning of the nervous system.
- Ascorbic acid helps to strengthen vascular walls and increases the resistance of the body to infections.
- Calcium increases the density of bone tissue, and vitamin D helps the body to properly absorb this element.
- Vitamin A restores the structure of the mucous membranes and skin.
- Zinc has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin E helps to maintain youth and has an antioxidant effect, preventing the degeneration of cells and the oxidation of tissues.
Interesting fact! Macrarus are found in the northern parts of the Pacific, Indian and Atlantic Oceans. Russia is among the leaders in the fishery, and these fish are caught from the Sea of Okhotsk near the shores of Kamchatka. Also makrurusa supply Germany and Denmark.
Features of the right choice
MacRurus is different from the usual for many varieties of fish. The main feature is meat. It has a watery structure, almost devoid of pronounced fibers characteristic of most fish products. The characteristic color is milky with a pinkish tinge.
Choosing a better chilled fish, but it does not come in all regions. Macro rus is usually sold in the form of carcasses, fillets or portioned pieces that are gutted and peeled from the skin and scales. When cooled, it is better to purchase it during periods of capture: in spring (approximately from the end of March to May) or in the end of summer and beginning of autumn.
If only frozen or so-called ice-covered fish are found in stores, make sure that the ice layer is not too thick. And if the meat literally spreads, most likely, it was subjected to defrosting and probably lost some of its properties.
Macro russe is prepared in much the same way as other types of fish, but cooking has several features and principles:
- If you need to defrost the product, do it only in the refrigerator, and not in warm water or a microwave oven.
- Heat treatment must be quick and short, otherwise the meat will lose shape and become shapeless, resembling mashed potatoes.
- It is undesirable to extinguish or boil the makru-rus, as its meat is already watery. Ideal cooking methods are roasting and baking in the oven.
How ideally to cook such a delicacy product as a fish macro fish? Below are the most successful options.
Option number 1
Fry the makrurus in batter. To do this, prepare:
- 1.5 kg makrurus fillet:
- st. l. lemon juice;
- 30 ml sour cream;
- two art. l. flour;
- any seasoning to your taste;
- cooking oil for frying.
- The fillet is cut into medium-sized pieces: rectangular or square. Sprinkle them with lemon juice and leave to marinate for fifteen minutes.
- Prepare the batter by mixing the flour, sour cream, egg and salt with seasoning. Stir the mixture thoroughly until smooth.
- Heat oil in a skillet, the fire should be medium.
- Dip the slices of the makrurus in batter and carefully put it into the hot pan with butter.
- Fry the macrouras on each side for a few minutes until golden.
Appetizing and juicy fish, baked in foil. The list of ingredients will be as follows:
- two small carcasses without a head;
- half a lemon (or lime);
- a pinch of ground black pepper (or a mixture of peppers);
- five st. l. vegetable oil (it is allowed to use both sunflower, and olive).
- Rinse and dry the carcasses by gently blotting paper towels.
- Grate the makrurus with salt, pour the juice of lemon juice, sprinkle with ground pepper. Leave the carcasses marinated for at least twenty minutes.
- Roll the foil in half so that the tender meat does not burn. Lubricate one part with oil, place the macroule on it, pour it with oil residue on top, cover it with the other side of the foil.
- Bake the fish at 180 degrees for twenty minutes, then open the foil and cook the dish for another ten minutes to brown the surface. It will turn out very tasty!
At home, any housewife will be able to cook a macrourage with vegetables in a slow cooker. This will require:
- 800 g fillets of makrurus;
- onion head;
- three medium sized tomatoes;
- one bell pepper;
- small lemon;
- half a glass of sour cream;
- five st. l. vegetable oil;
- spices, salt.
- Wash the fillets and dry with paper napkins.Cut it into thin steaks, rub with seasoning and salt, sprinkle with lemon juice and leave to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Wash vegetables, peel the onions, free the peppers from the stem and seeds. All ingredients cut into rings. Chop parsley after washing
- The bottom and sides of the multicooker bowl should be richly oiled.
- Put onions, peppers and tomatoes in the device, then place the macrural steaks there, put onions, tomatoes and peppers on top of it. Salt each layer of vegetables a little, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Fill all the ingredients with sour cream.
- Choose a baking program, set the timer for half an hour, close the slow cooker with a lid.
For your information! This recipe does not require an additional side dish, as vegetables will be an excellent addition to the fish.
If you have never bought a macrouride before or have not even heard such a name, by all means go to the store, visit the fish department and look for unusual fish. You will see: you, households and guests will definitely like it!
Israel is a country that has something to show (9 photos)
A gift for loved ones 52 Reasons
How is fresh milk useful?
Effective homemade slimming wrap
Succulents on nails, or manicure from fresh flowers