How to remove bumps after injections?
Sometimes injections are a mandatory, albeit extremely unpleasant and sometimes painful procedure. But the sensations are tolerable, but the bumps left after the injection cause discomfort, and sometimes make you worry. The reasons for their appearance may be different, but in any case, the problem is solved.
The reasons for the appearance of cones after injections on the buttocks or other parts of the body can be as follows:
- Excessively strained muscle. No wonder medical workers before the injection are asked to relax and lie down as much as possible. If the muscle fibers are in a strained state, the drug will not be able to distribute them evenly and concentrate in one area, forming a lump. Therefore, if during the procedure you stand or strain your buttocks, this will lead to unpleasant consequences.
- Allergic reaction to the administered drug or its individual intolerance. In this case, the site of injection will cause compaction, redness, itching and hyperemia.
- Damage to blood vessels.If the needle pierces their wall, then a certain amount of blood will flow out, forming a lump and hematoma.
- Incorrect technique of the procedure. Some practice the so-called “clap” method aimed at minimizing painful sensations. In this case, the needle is in a sharp movement placed in soft tissue at a right angle, after which the drug is immediately injected with the help of a quick pressure on the syringe piston. As a result, the drug does not have time to evenly distribute the muscle fibers, which leads to the formation of a seal.
- Shallow introduction. Intramuscular injection involves the introduction of the drug in the muscle, but if the needle is not deep enough, it will penetrate only into the subcutaneous tissue and will not reach the goal. As a result, a clot will form, and a noticeable lump will appear.
- Short needle. Some drugs are injected subcutaneously, but needles designed for such injections cannot be used for intramuscular injections, since the remedy simply cannot get into the muscle fibers and forms a clot in the soft tissues.
- Infection. If the injection was done with a non-sterile instrument,or the needle was in contact with any surfaces before the procedure, then during the injection pathogenic microorganisms can penetrate into the tissue, causing inflammation and sepsis. In this case, in addition to the seal, other symptoms will also occur, such as redness, burning, purulent discharge from the puncture site, hyperemia, fever, general malaise.
- Individual feature of the body. If muscle tissues are hypersensitive, they can be sensitive to any interventions. In some cases, connective tissue is formed at the site of injury, which leads to scarring, which looks like dense elevations.
How to eliminate seals?
Prick needles - this is unpleasant. And how to get rid of them? This can be done in different ways, and the most effective will be discussed below.
Pharmacy topical preparations based on heparin can be used to get rid of the bumps: this substance is an anticoagulant and helps slow blood clotting, as well as the resorption of clots and hematomas. The most popular and affordable remedy is Heparin Ointment, dispensed from pharmacies without a prescription.
Effective and means containing troxerutin, which eliminates swelling, suppresses inflammation, and also strengthens and tones the blood vessels, preventing their damage and stretching. In the pharmacy, you can purchase drugs such as Troxevasin, Troxerutin.
Another drug used for cones is Dimexide. It has pronounced anti-inflammatory properties, and also eliminates pain, which often occurs after injection. Means is used in the form of compresses, but first diluted with ten parts of water.
It is also possible to use iodine well known to all and to eliminate seals. The most popular use is the application of an iodine net. Moisten a cotton swab in the tool and draw a mesh on the buttocks. Repeat the treatment after each injection.
How to treat bumps if they do not pass for a long time, and other means are ineffective? Some physiotherapeutic procedures will help to get rid of them, accelerating tissue regeneration and stopping inflammatory processes. So, infrared and UHF-therapy are appropriate.
Try the following folk remedies:
- Mash fresh cabbage leaf and attach to the cone.
- Aloe leaves for a day, send in the refrigerator, cut lengthwise and attach to seals.
- Make a compress from grated raw potatoes.
- Treat the area around the puncture honey. You can add a little badyagi or mumiyo.
- Lubricate the area with alcohol or high-quality vodka (the liquid should not get into the puncture site).
- Attach pieces of pickles to the cones. Salt will remove puffiness.
Important: do not need to use strange and dubious folk remedies, such as urine. In addition, the site can not be heated, as thermal effects can provoke the spread of inflammation in the surrounding tissue.
In which cases to sound the alarm?
Often the bumps dissolve after some time and leave only unpleasant memories. But in some cases they signal serious problems and require timely medical assistance. If the location of the seal does not change within a week or increases in size, turns red, becomes more dense or hot to the touch, bleeds, or festers, you should immediately see your doctor. Also should be alerted fever, malaise, weakness, numbness of the legs.
Pay attention: do not try to squeeze out pus yourself, because tissue damage as a result of pressure can cause sepsis. It is also prohibited any injection into the inflammation, including antiseptics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
What should I do to prevent bumps from appearing? To do this, follow a few simple but effective prevention rules:
- Use suitable syringes.
- Observe the technology of the injection of the drug: place the needle deep enough and enter the tool slowly.
- Disinfect the injection site before and after the procedure. Injections do only with sterile syringes.
- The patient should lie down and relax as much as possible.
Cones from injections - this is scary and fixable. But in some cases medical care is required.
Tip 2: How to find a sponsor
How to cook sushi
Three-phase motor star and triangle wiring
Zach Efron has an affair with a colleague in the film The Greatest Showman
How to choose a quality and perfect mixer
Why is the ruble cheaper?
Reasons why you definitely shouldn'