How to recover a passport when you lose
Even the most responsible and organized people sometimes lose important things. Unfortunately, no one is insured against this, but the loss of a passport is not as bad as a document recovery. This procedure involves a lot of different nuances of the scrupulous bureaucratic world, so we will tell you in detail about all the "pitfalls".
Procedure for obtaining
Always keep your passport and money with you when traveling. The ideal option is a mini satchel or underwear with special hidden pockets.
If, however, your passport is stolen or you have lost your passport, you can restore it as soon as possible.
To do this, you must take the following steps:
- If you find a missing or fact of theft (robbery), you should go to the police and write a statement. The sooner you go to government agencies, the greater the likelihood that no one will have time to carry out an act of fraud with your document.After writing the application, you are required to issue a resolution on the loss of your passport.
- Take a photo in accordance with the prescribed standards and make four copies of the images.
- Write an application for issuing a new document.
- Pay the fine and state fee, get a receipt confirming the payment. In the event that the passport was stolen and not lost, the fine should not be paid.
- If you are a military liable man or are in draft age, attach a military ID to the application.
- Get a certificate from the place of residence that confirms your registration (extract from the registration book).
- You will also need a marriage certificate (divorce).
- If you have children, attach certificates of their birth.
You can see that in order to restore a passport if you lose it, you need to collect quite a lot of documents, so it is recommended to keep it carefully in a secluded place. If you have the opportunity, purchase a special safe for important documentation. In this case, you can not worry about safety, even if there is a fire in the house.
Loss of passport and recovery in another city
If you lost a document in another city, that is not the one in which you are registered, the procedure for restoring the lost passport will be a little more complicated and longer.
What to do if trouble happened in another city:
- Go to the nearest police station and write a statement.
- Take four photos.
- Pay a fine and state duty.
- Get a temporary ID.
- Wait for the issuance of a new document.
ATTENTION: the waiting time for issuing a new passport depends on where you lost it. If this happens in your hometown, you will receive it in 10-14 days. If you lost it during a trip or a trip, you will have to wait up to two months.
As soon as you discovered the loss, you should not advertise for a reward - immediately go to the police and restore it. The sooner you do this, the more likely it is that you will not be responsible for the fraud that can be done through your passport (illegal loans, purchases, trips, etc.).
You know what documents are needed to restore a passport in case of loss, and this list is rather big. We hope that our recommendations will help you to avoid trouble at home and on your trip, and you will keep all the necessary documents intact.
Foil and thread spider
To make tomatoes large
Original lampshades, which you can make yourself
Contests for February 14
What to wear for corporate
Top 10 worst films of 2011-2012