How to quickly learn a verse by heart - instructions and examples
In the life of a modern schoolboy there are a lot of difficulties: tests, checking knowledge on the board, memorizing foreign words and grammatical rules ... This list can be continued indefinitely. It includes the memorization of poetic works of Russian and foreign literature. From the first grade, teachers ask students to memorize passages or whole poems. It's really not easy, but there are several ways to ease the process and quickly learn a verse by heart.
After the school day, it is difficult for the child to concentrate for a long time. Attention is distracted by interesting items, games, TV, books. It is necessary to remove all extraneous from the room, turn off the TV, computer and radio. On the table, too, should not be anything extra. In the room of the child it is necessary to create a “working” atmosphere. Silence, good lighting, convenient location of the desk - all this positively affects the cognitive abilities of the brain, and the poem, naturally, will be remembered more quickly.
For motivation, you need to assign a prize, which will go with a successful response to the teacher. Thus, in the learning process, an element of gamification will appear that will bring a positive attitude and a desire to work.
Step-by-step instruction for memorizing
- First, read the text out loud a few times. Think about each word and build an associative array. If we are talking about an animal or a person, you need to imagine it; if it is about nature, you can draw a landscape in your imagination. You can also find pictures on the Internet, print them out and arrange them in the desired sequence, or draw a mini-comic itself on the plot of the lyric work.
- If there are any unfamiliar or obscure words in the text, the adult must explain their meaning.
- It is necessary to break the whole poem into elements. Parts of the lyric text can be lines, sentences or quatrains.
- Memorize each of the elements. To do this: first, remember 1 element, then pronounce it several times. After memorizing the second element and repeating it aloud together with the first. Next, attach new elements to this chain one by one, until you manage to learn all the specified text.
- After completing the “collection” of a chain of elements, recite the poem several times. The simplest verse of such a plan is easy to learn in 5-10 minutes.
Consider in detail. Suppose a poem consists of 5 stanzas, that is, the elements into which the text is divided will be quatrains. You need to remember the 1st element and repeat it out loud (do not pry into the text itself). Then notch the 2nd element, say it out loud several times, and then repeat with the first element. Then, memorize the 3rd element, repeat aloud, and say together with the first and second elements. And so on until the end, until you remember all the five elements. All of the above can be represented as a diagram:
- 1st element
1st + 2nd
1st + 2nd + 3rd
1st + 2nd + 3rd + 4th
1st + 2nd + 3rd + 4th + 5th
When all 5 elements form a single chain, you need to focus on intonation, the speed of pronunciation and the number of logical pauses.
How to quickly learn a poem in English
At school, you often learn poems in English. To memorize a foreign lyric work more quickly, you need to follow a few simple rules.
- Stay in a convenient place where nothing will distract from work.
- First read the text and find out the meaning of all unfamiliar words. It is better to sign them, then they definitely will not fly out of my head.
- Then read the poem several times out loud. Perhaps the first time it will not be possible to pronounce all the words correctly and keep the poetic size, but each time the text will sound better and better.
- If the work is known, find people on the Internet who read it on camera. Great attention should be paid to the intonation and pronunciation of all words.
- If the audio or video could not be found, use a translator or dictionary and find out the correct sound of the words.
- If there are serious problems with the pronunciation of English words, you can write foreign words in Russian transcription.
When the poem sounds beautifully and correctly, you can begin to memorize it, preferably by line or quatrain (depending on the complexity). First, memorize the 1st element, then the second, and attach it to the first. Chain together, memorize each element and “attach” it to the learned passage. It is worth noting that the text will be better fit in memory, if you connect the associative thinking.
- The best time to memorize a poem is the end of the day. The fact is that in the process of sleep the neural connections in the brain are strengthened, so the poem will be remembered much better. Also, before a literature lesson, you need to repeat the text, which will sound without errors when you answer in the class.
- It is necessary to warn the child that retelling the product, he will experience excitement. The best way to avoid this feeling is to look at one point on the opposite wall or at the ceiling. Then the student will focus on the text, and not on the listeners.
- If the text is large, divide the memorization for a while. Memorize a verse in small pieces for several days in a row, while at the end repeat the entire learned passage by heart. When the last piece is firmly fixed in memory, read it aloud several times, and then try to pronounce it without prompting and without peeping.
The method of memorization described in the article is suitable for learning any texts. These can be lectures, speeches prepared for important events, speeches at contests and conferences, or retelling a paragraph to a lesson.Perhaps the method is not the most effective and a great verse in 5 minutes can not be learned, but using it you can remember all the written information and there is no problem with retelling the literary work, the chapter of the textbook or your own text. Even after a period of time, it will be possible to reproduce with confidence the memorized without repeating and prompting.
Church holiday on August 28
How to get to Simferopol
Making a watermelon with your own hands
Useful properties of sesame milk
How to improve memory
How to register an audit organization