DIY: Fairy Glow Jars
How to Make Glowing Bottles for a Blacklight
Buy or find a blacklight.The incandescent screw-in model will work, but will require more than one bulb, and these burn out constantly. A real glassware you would like to light up. For example, a lot of people use empty expensive liquor bottles. Any nifty glassware that can contain fluid is acceptable. A suggestion is an empty bottle of Bawls Guarana, it is blue and the black light and the ink will make it look great.
Break open the highlighter tip to obtain the fluid inside the felt tip.Soak the felt strip inside in a small container of water or rubbing alcohol to get the ink out into a nice fluid. Water is a suitable solvent.
Fill the bottle up.The more ink, the better. Adding rubbing alcohol to the mixture will stop the water from getting moldy inside in case it's an expensive bottle of 1776 Champagne', or even your investment on Grey Goose.
Cap and arrange it.It will glow under a blacklight and looks amazing, especially if you use several different colors and glasses.
QuestionHow do I get different colors for glowing bottles?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you are using a glow-in-the-dark paint, try mixing in a bit of food coloring!Thanks!
QuestionHow do I make a bottle glow in the dark?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCoat the inside of the bottle with a few layers of glow-in-the-dark paint. Let the paint sit in a place exposed to artificial or natural light before putting it in a dark area.Thanks!
QuestionCan I use fluorescent highlighters?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can use any type of highlighters as long as they're not old and dry.Thanks!
How long does this effect last?
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- All the highlighter ink is water soluble, so once you cut open the tube be sure to extract as much of the ink out as possible.
- If the mouth of the bottle is large enough add some small objects to the bottles to make them look like funky glowing science specimens. The cheap plastic or rubber animals you can buy in any toy department would work great.
- Looks great over a bookshelf, mantle, what have you. Be sure to use many different colors.
- Also you can take a highlighter and take off the bottom and take out the contents. Look for what is in the latex tube with cotton and take it out and cut it open. Get your choice of container and put water in it and get as much liquid as you can in the container and you are done. Use the black light and have fun.
- Adding rubbing alcohol or even cheap vodka to the mixture will prevent it from getting moldy inside.
Video: DIY Fairy Glow Jars
The Best Places to Store Every Little Thing
London Breed was the tech-backed mayoral candidate
How to Sell Season Tickets on StubHub.com
Other health concerns tied to vaping
I Taught My Son How Not to Be a Rapist
How to Choose Sewing Thread
16 Beautiful Braided Ponytail Hairstyles for Different Occasions
How to Decorate a Kitchen
10 Easy (And Healthy) Pack Lunch Ideas
Harry Potter Interactive Wand Review
Date: 11.12.2018, 05:39 / Views: 95585