How to Make Chocolate Glaze from Cocoa and Chocolate
Chocolate glaze from cocoa is a delicious and easy-to-prepare dessert that can decorate and give a unique, fabulous look to any confectionery. It looks spectacular on cakes, cakes, pastries, cookies, ice cream, whipped cream, cottage cheese.
Correctly prepared glaze is easily applied to the surface evenly, hides the flaws of the baking, giving a noble appearance, especially when it is not possible to decorate the flower compositions from the cream.
The basic technology of making chocolate glaze at home is to mix dry ingredients and mix them to a homogeneous state without lumps. Then the liquid component is added.
When creating a dessert from a chocolate bar, it is broken into slices, melted on a quiet fire or a water bath. To liquid chocolate easily applied to the cake and quickly does not freeze, add a little water, milk or sour cream to the recipe.
What will you need?
- Cocoa powder.During the storage of the product, lumps are formed. To create an airy, homogeneous mixture, cocoa is sieved through a sieve.
- Butter.Add already softened. It gives a mirror shine. The oil can be replaced by 20% sour cream.
- Sugar.It is better to use sifted powdered sugar. It is easier to mix and dissolve faster.
- Water.It makes sense to replace milk. A lemon or orange juice will make the glaze tastier.
- Flavors, flavors.For a variety of taste add vanilla, coconut shavings, rum or cognac.
Chocolate glaze is a high-calorie product, the energy value of which reaches 542 Kcal per 100 g. Because of this, in nutrition and diets is used in small amounts. Also has a high fat content.
Nutritional information per 100 g:CompositionAmount, g% of daily allowance
The main recipe with a minimum of ingredients. If you want to give refinement and originality to the product, you can add nuts, coconut shavings or replace the water with citrus juice.
- Sugar-sand (or powder) - 150 g;
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- Water - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- In enameled dishes, combine sugar and cocoa.
- Gently whisking, pour in water.
- Cook on low heat, constantly stirring, so as not to burn.
- When the mass begins to boil and bubble, soak for 2-3 minutes and remove from the plate.
Chocolate glaze of cocoa, well solidified
For preparation it is necessary to use cocoa powder of dark varieties, butter with a high content of milk fat, which will give a small gloss of the frozen surface.
- Sugar or powder - 125 g;
- Cocoa - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- Milk - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- Butter - 30 g;
- Vanilla - 0,5 tsp.
- In a small container, combine cocoa and sugar, knead the lumps.
- Top up the milk, stirring until smooth. Cook on low heat until foam formation, constantly stirring.
- Remove from the plate and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add softened butter and beat well.
Black and white chocolate glaze
The easiest method to create a chocolate decoration for a cake is to melt the tiles of white, milk or dark chocolate.White glaze will give dessert an elegant look. Milk can be replaced with cream, sour cream, condensed milk.
- Pure chocolate without additives - 100 g;
- Milk - 5 tbsp. l.
- Grease the dishes with butter.
- Chop the chocolate into pieces in a container.
- Top up the milk.
- Put the contents in a water bath.
- Heat to 40 ° C, stirring constantly.
Magnificently looks on the products mirror glare. To make the coating smooth and without bubbles, before applying to the confectionery product, it is passed through a sieve. Begin to decorate when the mixture has cooled to 35-40 ° C.
- Sugar (powder) - 250 g;
- Cocoa powder - 80 g;
- Cream of high fat content - 150 ml;
- Water - 150 ml;
- Gelatin - 8 g.
- Pour warm water into gelatin and leave to swell.
- Cacao pre-sift through a sieve.
- Gelatine heated until complete dissolution.
- In a prepared bowl, combine sugar, cocoa and cream. Stirring, pour a thin stream of dissolved gelatin.
- Cook on low heat - regularly stir with a spoon or spatula. Bring to a boil and remove.
- For the mass to be uniform, strain through a sieve.
- Cool to 60-80 ° C and pour in small portions on the top of the cake.Use a metal spatula to smoothen.
How to properly use the glaze
Depending on the consistency of the glaze, use different tools for its application and alignment:
- For a liquid mass - a brush for baking.
- For medium density - a wide knife or patisserie shovel.
- For thick - a confectionery bag or syringe, through which decorative elements (points, bands, waves) are created.
For glazing, the cakes are placed on a grate with a pallet. The center is poured glaze and with the help of tools level to the edges and sides. If the mixture is rather thick, then a small amount of it will drain into the pan. Too thickened glaze and applied with great difficulty, warm again to a creamy condition.
To solidify the chocolate coating, the finished cake is placed in a cool place or in a refrigerator. To create a smooth and beautifully designed food, the following few tips will help.
- If the resulting consistency is not satisfactory, the density is increased by the addition of powdered sugar or boiling. To make the mixture become more liquid, hot water is added.
- Hot glaze must be cooled, but do not overeat. It should be easily and evenly smeared and drained to a minimum.
- To level the surface, the mixture is applied in two stages, first with a thin layer, then thick from the center to the edges.
- If a glaze is covered by a coating on an oil cream, a layer of jam or dried cocoa powder is pre-made.
- Store the chocolate dessert for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, so the dish can be prepared in advance.
- Ready meals from above are decorated with berries, nuts, dried fruits, candied fruits, marshmallow, confectionery powder. Black glaze color perfectly combines with different shades.
- Beautifully it turns out, if you drop a whipped cream in the form of drops or strips. With a knife or fork, make a smooth flow until the surface is frozen. You will get curls resembling frosty patterns.
A variety of recipes of chocolate glaze allows you to choose one that is tastier and easier to prepare, which will look nice on the cake. Having mastered the basic manufacturing technology, the composition is supplemented with new ingredients and flavor additives. Then you get a great decoration for a festive cake or other dessert.
Is it possible to tint glass
How to donate blood
What to do if the wife has changed
Negative Rh blood is not a hindrance for the birth of a healthy baby
Kalanchoe: home care