How To Make Candied Walnuts - So Easy, Delicious. Great for Salads, Gifts and Snacks by Rockin Robin
How to Make a Honey Glazed Salad
Here's a beautiful, delicious and incredibly easy to make healthy salad recipe. Find recipes that create a tasty meal, in the fewest possible steps, with ingredients you'll find in any supermarket. It's faster to cook a healthy meal like this than it is to buy fast food.
Will serve as a meal for four, or sides for four.
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into slim strips
1/2 pound (250gm) green beans, also known as french beans
1/2 cup water x 2
a pinch of salt
1 tablespoon herb infused olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 can/12 oz/400gm can of cannelloni or white beans, drained
Soften the carrots:Cover with the lid and let the steam soften the carrots just a little. Taste test the carrots - it takes only a couple of minutes, but as soon as it is soft and still has a crunch in the center, remove from the heat,
- Pour water into the pot with the pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Then toss in the sliced carrots. Now, the objective is to soften the carrots not to boil them.
- Cover with the lid and let the steam soften the carrots just a little. Taste test the carrots - it takes only a couple of minutes, but as soon as it is soft and still has a crunch in the center, remove from the heat.
- Drain over the sink and immediately freshen with cold running water from the tap. Swirl the carrots around to evenly cool them. By stopping them cooking internally, the carrots retain their fresh orange colour and the crunchy texture
- Allow to drain and place into the salad bowl.
Quickly blanch the green beans: Repeat the process as above using just a little water and a pinch of salt. After cooling and draining, add to the carrots in the salad bowl
Now here's the easy part - putting it together.
- Spoon over the seasoned olive oil and honey and give it a good stir through the beans and carrots so as to glaze them beautifully.
- Toss in the drained white beans and mix through.
Here's your easy healthy salad recipe!It's absolutely easy, so healthy as it is hardly processed and sensationally delicious! And it won't take any more than 10minutes to prepare. Enjoy!
- Blanching means quickly steaming and this just will take a minute or so. The objective is not to cook the vegetables but to soften them just a little. Eating healthy means food that is processed as little as possible.
- Cooling under cold running water is a good trick to use. Food continues to cook even when off the stove, but vegetables cooled immediately will result in retaining their fresh sharp colors and a good crunch. There's nothing worse than soggy vegetables in salad recipes.
- Always use a sharp knife - there is nothing more dangerous than a blunt knife. No matter how basic your domestic skills, the one piece of equipment you must own is a classic cook's knife of good quality heavy gauge stainless steel. It will last you years.
Video: Walnut Salad | Savoury Walnuts | Honey Glazed Walnuts | Healthy Salad
This is How to Dress For Your Wedding After Party
How to Address a Mayor
Circle mehndi designs – RoundMandala henna designs for hands
How to Paint a Refrigerator
Grandparents Rights in New Jersey
How to Build an Internet Boyfriend
Chloé FallWinter 2014-2015 Collection – Paris Fashion Week
Botox is Officially a Cure-All: Proven to Help withAcne
How to Buy a Girls Softball Bat
How to Fight Ableism as a Nondisabled Person
Belgium completes biggest comeback of World Cup vs
Editorial Shoots: Get To Know The Kids That Make The MagicHappen