How to grow pigs?
Long since, pig breeding is considered an interesting and quite profitable occupation. To obtain the maximum income from this type of activity, it is imperative to know and understand the rules of breeding and raising these animals. Therefore, in our article, we will tell you how to grow pigs.
At the moment, the topic of developing your own farm is one of the most promising and popular entrepreneurial thoughts, and even more so if you have everything you need for raising animals. To do this, you just need a house in the countryside, and, of course, maximum effort and patience. Also, you should not be afraid to dig in the ground or dirt.
So, we present to your attention the main advantages of such things as breeding pigs at home.
Advantages of pig breeding
- Mother nature, endowed pigs with unique physiological properties. Throughout the world, there is no more such an animal that could compete with a pig in productivity. The pig is a record holder in the number and speed of the growing mass.Born, just a pig, has a weight of about a kilogram. After (total) week its weight is already 2 kg., And in a few months the weight will reach about 30 kg. One year old pig weighs 150 kilograms. No farm animal can boast of such weight gain.
- Also pigs differ and have a good breeding rate. Of course, to the rabbits in this regard, they are far away, but still their fertility is amazing. Sow in satisfactory conditions for her will be able to bring offspring twice a year, and in some cases three. Moreover, each farrowing, that is, the birth of a pig, will be able to bring you from 12 to 14 piglets. A little understanding of arithmetic can be calculated that in a year, a pig will bring you about 30 piglets, each of which will turn into 150 kg of net weight in a year, an average of 4 tons of meat per year. And if you have more than one sow?
- Next advantage. The body of the pig, with maximum productivity can absorb the food they receive. That is, for a set of 1 kilogram of weight, the pig needs less feed than any other pet.
- Also worth noting is the popularity of pork among our people.No type of meat is in such demand.
Now let's move on to the rules for creating a home pig farm.
How to breed pigs
- The room where the pig will be kept must be dry and warm. In addition, the room should be well protected from drafts and cold wind, especially in winter. But also, the room should be properly ventilated and it should be constantly fresh and clean air.
- To ensure dryness, a foundation is laid before the building is constructed. The height of the foundation should be about 70 cm above ground level. It is also necessary to choose the right plot. The depth of groundwater should be at least a meter from the surface, and preferably about 2 meters. In the opposite case, the room will be too humid air, which will have a very negative impact on your business.
- The walls of the room should be made of brick, cinder block or adobe. You can also use wood, but this is undesirable. The thickness of the walls depends on the material from which they are built. If this is a tree, 20 cm is enough. A brick wall should be half a meter thick.Inside, the walls are covered with plaster and then whitewash. This will make them warmer and protect against infections. The ceiling, as a rule, is made of boards or from concrete slabs. The ceiling is whitened from below, and a layer of sawdust 20 cm thick is poured on top of it. Then a five-centimeter layer of sand is poured onto the sawdust. Thus, it turns out cheaper insulation. Well, from above, of course, they lay the roof, after which they cover it with slate, tile or corrugated flooring. The floor is most often made concrete. But the main thing that it was not slippery and easily cleaned. Also, there should be no cracks in the floor where animal waste products could accumulate and then rot.
How to choose a pig for meat
About 30 species of these animals are bred in our country. In total there are three conditional groups of pigs, according to the criteria of which the selection is carried out:
- Tallow-meat breeds.
- Meat and grease.
- Bacon breeds.
To a greater extent, this classification will allow you to decide on the choice of animal for fattening. Since we are suitable pigs only for growing meat, we will focus on the last two varieties.
- The second group includes white pigs, and other breeds bred with its direct participation (Siberian northern, Ukrainian steppe and Lithuanian white). All animals of these breeds are white in color, rather large, with well developed muscular system, and poorly developed fat.
- The third group includes the Landrace breed or the Estonian bacon. They are well spread in our country. These pigs are also white, but they are distinguished by their large long ears, long body, and developed hams. In the carcasses of these pigs are also high meat yield and low fat.
- Most often it is grown just beef breeds of pigs. They are suitable for both meat and bacon feeding. Adult boars sometimes weigh about 350 kg., And sows about 250 kg each. Pigs of these breeds are quite prolific.
Pig Breeding Conditions
When you have decided on the breed, you need to think about feeding the animals. Piglets are fed approximately 4-5 times a day. The portions should not be too large, in any case they should contain milk, the litter needs to be changed quite often. Piglets should always be dry and clean. The optimal age for taking piglets from sows is 2 months.The young, who were most under the sow, are viable and stronger. Boars, which will be designed for meat fattening, should be bacheled immediately. It is also worth considering that the piglets at three months of age are vaccinated against infectious diseases. For this purpose, you need to invite a specialized veterinarian.
How to grow a healthy piglet
- In order for the pigs to be healthy, supplements should be added to their feed: vitamin and mineral complexes, meat and bone meal, fish oil and fish meal.
- In dry weather, piglets need to walk. To do this, construct a separate section from adults. Older piglets are transferred to three meals a day.
- Feed must consist of concentrates, and the amount of milk is gradually reduced. In the summer, the young pigs need to be given fresh grass, and in the winter, dry hay. Also, root vegetables and kitchen waste are added to food. Continue to add meat and bone meal and fish oil.
Subject to good feeding, young animals will be able to reach 120 kg. for 6 months. The content in the future is not feasible, as the costs of products for maintenance increase. Pigs go to slaughter.Only the strongest are left to produce offspring.
Breeding pigs as a business, profitable business. Let me remind you again, the main thing is to have patience and possess the knowledge we have laid out.
How to meet the newlyweds from the registry office
The most sexy clothes in the opinion of men
Funny Sunny Bunny
Making a wooden rug
Weave a New Year's Lollipop with a Christmas tree bead toy
Angelina Jolie swaps black for pink