How tasty to cook a pumpkin?
Cook the pumpkin right
When cooking this vegetable and dishes from itthe following rules are recommended::
- Pumpkin should be peeled, cut in two and remove seeds.
- Vegetable is cut into pieces, usually 2x2 cm cubes.
- Boil the pumpkin in salted water.
- Cooking time is 20-40 minutes depending on the cooking method: in a double boiler, the vegetable is cooked for 20 minutes, in the “Stewing” mode, it cooks longer - 40 minutes. You can boil the pumpkin in a small saucepan with the lid closed on low heat: the degree of readiness is determined by the fork - the pumpkin must be soft.
For pumpkin porridge a large grated pumpkin is boiled in milk with butter
It should be noted thatpumpkins of different varieties and different degrees of maturitythey cook in different ways: sometimes it takes about 5-7 minutes to make the cubes become soft, and the kitchen is filled with an incredible aroma. Of course, the grated pumpkin cooks even faster.
What can be cooked from a pumpkin
Boiled pumpkinAs an ingredient used in many dishes:
- pumpkin puree- This is boiled pumpkin pieces, rubbed through a sieve (for very small crumbs, accustomed to liquid food) or crushed on a blender. You can add a pear or an apple to pumpkin puree, this will make the taste of the dish only richer and more pleasant;
- soup pureewith the addition, in addition to pumpkin, various vegetables - potatoes, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, etc., crackers and fresh greens;
Pumpkin puree soup
- boiled pumpkin can be cookedtasty and healthy salads: for example, with pickled cheese (cheese, suluguni, Adyghe, chechil, feta), olives and green salad leaves or a salad with lightly salted cucumbers and tomatoes, seasoned with lemon juice and vegetable oil;
- useful for kids and adults menupumpkin(pumpkin porridge):
How to brew a watermelon
Sometimes the exotic name "garbuz" is associated with watermelon. In fact, the garbuz isUkrainian(historically in Little Russia) the name of the pumpkin. Despite the fact that it was grown 3-4 years ago on the continent which became America later, the Slavs became acquainted with the pumpkin (garbuz, tavern) relatively recently - just some 400 years ago thanks to Persian merchants.
Garbuz, tavern - all these are the national and popular names of pumpkin
Garbuz, she's a pumpkinused in the preparation of a variety of dishes:
- pumpkin (garbus) porridgeor cereals with the addition of pumpkin (for example, millet porridge with pumpkin);
- soupsand supplements for soups,pickled pumpkin;
- saladsfrom a fresh, boiled, pickled vegetable;
- pumpkinbread and pies;
- Dessert: cakes, marmalade, etc .;
- beverages: juices and jelly.
In addition to boiling, sweet and delicious soupfry, stew, bakeand of course,eat fresh. With proper cooking, even heat treatment does not deprive the pumpkin of its useful and nutritional qualities. Helpful andpumpkin seedscontaining antihistamine components and being the raw material for the production of expensive oils.
Unusual and simple types of loom. Some options are just amazing
How to treat a bad tooth in 2018
Choosing a printer for printing cards
New decor ideas: a stylish transformation of old things
Secrets of cooking real pepperoni pizza
What to do if irritation appears after the massage
We sew a toy palette for felt shadows