How to connect the DIR-615?
Watch the video
When connecting to wireless Internet at home, many people refuse to use a standard router, which a provider provides for connection, in favor of a purchased router, because it is more reliable and more powerful.
These routers include the D-link Dir-615 router. However, not every person knows how to connect the D-link Dir-615 router and how to configure it correctly.
Connecting the router D-link Dir-615
The D-link Dir-615 router has a standard device, like many other routers on the market. To connect the router to the computer, perform the following steps:
- We connect the router to the mains. We are waiting for the download of all functions of the router.
- We insert the wire from your provider into the WAN port.
- In the Lan-port insert the wire to connect to the computer.
- Install the necessary drivers on your computer, if necessary.
If the computer does not see the router, then you need to install the drivers, which can be found on the disk to the router or download drivers for the network card from the Internet. In addition, printers, laptops and other devices can be connected to the remaining Lan ports.
After all the manipulations, the router will be ready for configuration.
Configuring the router D-link Dir-615
To configure the D-link Dir-615 router, you need to connect it to a computer or laptop. You can also configure the router over a wireless Wi-Fi network, if you have access to it. Connect to the router via wire or wireless network, and then perform a series of steps to configure the D-link Dir-615:
- Open any browser that is installed on your computer or laptop.
- In the address bar, you must enter "192.168.0.1" or the ip-address of the router, which is specified in the documentation or on the back of the router.
- In the window that opens, enter the login and password specified in the documentation. Usually the default login and password is the word "admin". If after this it says that the login and password are incorrect, and the documentation is spelled this way, then it is necessary to reset the settings of the router to the factory settings, holding the reset button for ten seconds. After that, we re-enter the login and password by default.
- There will be several tabs in the router menu. First of all, you need to configure the Internet connection, if necessary. If the computer with the connected router comes to the Internet, then there is no need to configure the network.To configure, go to the tab "Wan", and then in the tab "Network". Enter all provider data that is specified in the documentation in the agreement on connecting to the Internet or on the provider's website. Save the new settings.
- To change the name and password of a wireless Wi-Fi network, we go along the path “Advanced settings - Wi-Fi - Security Settings”. Then enter the new name and password.
- Save all settings and reboot the router.
After that, it will be possible to use the D-link Dir-615 router's Wi-Fi wireless network with new settings and a password that will not allow any other person to use the network.
Six delicious stuffed pepper recipes for the whole family
How and where to rest in the summer is inexpensive, where to go to rest abroad on vacation
Did not give birth: families where there are few children, they want to tax
Cool and inexpensive gifts for the New Year
Jack Sparrow Returns: Pirates of the Caribbean New Trailer