How to choose a quality and durable mixer?
If you started a large-scale repair, involving the replacement of sanitary ware, then surely the question of choosing a mixer has arisen. And from the article you will learn what it is worth to buy, so as not to be mistaken and provide maximum comfort.
First of all, it is necessary to decide on where you will put the faucet, because the mixers are divided into several types:
- For the sink. Usually they are mounted on the sink or on the wall and are intended mainly for washing hands, that is, they have one single tap. In this category, you can include faucets for kitchen sinks, but they have some differences from those that are installed in the bathroom.
- For Bath. This mixer is attached either to the wall, or directly to the bath itself and usually has a hose and shower head (all this can be included in the kit).
- Shower faucet is usually installed in the shower. As a rule, such a model is attached to the wall and has only a shower head, as the tap is simply not needed.
- Not so long ago, there were special mixers for bidets.
- Universal faucets can be found in many of the combined bathrooms of the old "Khrushchev". Such a model has both a faucet (most often a long one), which can be turned on a bathtub and a sink installed alongside, as well as a hose with a shower head. This option is quite convenient and economical.
How to choose a good bathroom or kitchen faucet? A very important selection criterion is the control method, since the ease of use of the mixer will depend on it. Today in stores you can find models of several types:
- The two-valve mixer has two valves: separately for cold water and for hot. This option is more familiar to most people and perfectly fit into a classic or retro interior. But there are some drawbacks. Firstly, this type of control does not allow adjusting the temperature or setting the required one. Secondly, the weak side is the gaskets, which usually fail quite quickly, which leads to leakage. If you want to eliminate such a drawback, it is better to purchase a model with a rotating mechanism and a ceramic valve.
- Single-lever mixer has only one lever, moving 180 degrees from one side to the other. Such a model is modern and comfortable, therefore it is becoming more and more popular. Control is carried out with just one lever, which moves in different directions, as well as up and down. Thus, you can adjust not only the pressure of the jet, but even the water temperature. Single-lever mixers can be divided into cartridge and ball. The latter are not very reliable, so they are not manufactured by modern manufacturers. Cartridge more convenient. In addition, if the cartridge fails, it is easy to replace.
- Thermostatic faucets have appeared in stores relatively recently, but they are becoming more and more popular. The main advantage of such models is the ability to regulate the pressure of water, as well as temperature control. That is, setting a certain value once, you will be sure that the water will have just such a temperature, and this reduces the risk of burns. You will only change the pressure. This mixer will have two rotary knobs, one of which is responsible for the pressure, the other - for the temperature.
- Contactless mixers are the most modern, and today they can be found in shopping centers or expensive restaurants. The principle of operation of this model is that the valve opens when the user brings his hands to him. The inclusion is provided by a special touch device that reacts to the heat of the human body and movement. Such mixers can work from the mains or from batteries.
- Portions are rare and not very comfortable. The idea is that the user presses the button, the water flows for a while, then its delivery automatically stops.
How to choose among such a variety of mixers, which one is better? Everything will depend on your habits and preferences, as well as on the style in which the room is made. So, if you chose the classical and traditional direction, then the usual option would be the usual two-valve valve. And if your bath is from the future, then choose a modern and high-tech model.
Having poured out is directly the crane, and it can have different forms and practically any size. The height of the crane is determined by its purpose.So, if you choose a kitchen faucet, then it should be quite high so that large items of dishes and utensils fit under it. For the bathroom it is desirable to buy a model with a short but long spout. The shape of the crane is determined by the comfort of use and personal preferences.
By the way, today you can meet on sale spouts, changing shape or sliding, which is sometimes very convenient and even necessary.
There are several ways of fixing mixers:
- Directly on the tub or on the sink. Some sinks and bathrooms have a ready hole used for installation, but you can make it yourself.
- On the wall. Two options are possible: just fix the mixer on the wall and lay all the necessary communications from it, or practically cut it into the wall and disguise all hoses.
- Floor mixers are not found often, and they are usually chosen by lovers of modern styles and technologies. This model is a rack (sometimes two) with cranes.
The material from which the mixer is made is also very important. Today, several options are available:
- Metals or their alloys. They are the most durable and durable, of course, if they are stainless, or at least protected from corrosion. Commonly used bronze, steel, brass, nickel. The most reliable and practical brass. Also there are models with a combined housing or coating. The perfect coating would be chrome.
- Ceramics. Usually, internal parts are made from it, and they are durable and do not rust. But ceramic can be the body of the spout.
- Plastic. This material is the cheapest and easiest, but extremely unreliable.
Cast mixer or assembly?
In a combined mixer, the casing consists of several separate interconnected parts, and in the cast it is one and does not have seams and connections. The second option is more reliable.
All strive for maximum comfort, and plumbing manufacturers are well aware, therefore, offer their customers a variety of additional features. Among them are such as:
- Bayonet mount. The mixer can be pulled out and put on any surface if desired.
- Folding spout
- Built-in light.
- Built-in switch for appliances, for example, for washing machine, steamer, coffee maker, dishwasher.
- Built-in filter.
And now you can go to the plumbing shop, because you are knowledgeable and can make the right choice.
How to get a military card
Which patients are better - men or women?
Master Class Jewelry Box with Lily
Features of Colonoscopy of the Intestine
How to knit amigurumi crochet - step by step photos and schemes for beginners