How is meditation useful for a person?
If you cannot find harmony and find yourself, or you are constantly worried about something, then try to meditate. What is meditation? And why is it needed?
What it is?
Meditation is a kind of philosophy that allows you to clear your mind and achieve clarity of consciousness and the highest concentration. Someone thought that this is a real healing, a purification of the soul. In general, in Latin, this word means “I think, meditate, ponder”.
If you have already imagined a sage sitting in a lotus position on top of a mountain, then by all means get rid of this image from your head, because the ways, postures and places for practicing meditation can be completely different. In addition, this occupation is available to absolutely everyone! So by all means try it!
In total there are two types of meditation:
- Meditation on emptiness. In this case, there is a complete cleansing of the mind and removal from the outside world. From the head you need to throw out all thoughts, and then try to concentrate on the emptiness, enjoy it, dive into it.It is believed that this way you can comprehend your existence, understand the meaning of life and experience real insight. And the most important thing is getting rid of unnecessary thoughts.
- The second kind is meditation on something or directional meditation. In this case, on the contrary, you need to concentrate on one particular thought, to immerse yourself in it. Such an activity can help if, for example, you cannot make a choice or make the right decision.
What does meditation give?
Surprisingly, this seemingly simple exercise allows you to heal and heal not only the mind, but also the body. The effect was proven in the laboratory: during the tests, it was found out that during meditation the brain activity changes, as well as changes occur in some body systems.
And what exactly is the benefit of meditation? Here is what she can give:
- You can improve and normalize the emotional and psychological state. Stress you will not be afraid, because you learn to think calmly and soberly. There will be no trace of depression; apathy will also pass.
- You will learn to control your emotions and soberly assess situations.
- Over time, you can get rid of some of your fears.
- You will learn to enjoy every moment of life and create your mood.
- Your self-esteem will increase, all actions and words will become more confident and convincing.
- The concentration of attention will increase, the memory will improve, the level of intelligence will increase.
- You will learn to think things over quickly and think logically.
- Meditation is a great relaxation, and relaxation with the modern rhythm of life is simply necessary.
- If you meditate regularly, you can get rid of chronic fatigue and weakness, as well as normalize your sleep (often bad thoughts interfere with sleep).
- At such employment the quantity of stress hormones considerably decreases and the quantity of hormones responsible for a good mood, for example, endorphin, increases.
- The work of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems is normalized.
- Surprisingly, the immunity will gradually strengthen.
How to learn to meditate? First, for such a lesson you need to prepare and create optimal conditions. There are several important points, we will dwell on each of them.
To start, select the appropriate place. It all depends on you.For example, if you like fresh air and have always dreamed of achieving unity with nature, then go to some nearby forest. But you shouldn't go too far. And at the same time it is important to consider that it is best to meditate in splendid isolation and away from prying eyes. You can equip a cozy meditative corner right on your balcony.
Many are more comfortable and familiar to dive into their consciousness at home, and this is really expedient and convenient.
But make sure that nobody distracts you, and you were as comfortable as possible.
It is undesirable to meditate in the bedroom, because in this case your brain can simply “turn off” (after all, it’s used to disconnect in this room), and you will fall asleep. But if there are no more seats, then the bedroom will do.
The situation should be calm, quiet, peaceful and comfortable for you. Arrange everything as you like. For example, one helps to relax music, others come to the aid of various aromatic oils and incense, while others need complete silence or a favorite comfortable pillow.
Now select the time. It also completely depends on you, your biological rhythms, and also on the mode of the day. For example, if in the morning you do not have time, then leave this occupation for the evening.Just you can relax and throw everything out of your head after a hard day, which some just need.
But for many, the evening is a time for business and care, as well as a time when focusing on something is simply impossible. In this case, it makes sense to get up early the sutra and devote meditation to the morning hours. In general, for each person there is a perfect time.
How long to meditate? To completely detach from reality and relax, it takes at least 20 minutes. A ten-minute meditation will not be effective and fruitful. Better yet, to meditate twice a day, then insight will come even faster.
In what position?
The pose of meditation is also important, since your comfort depends on it. Lotus pose is not the only option. Still, it is better to meditate while sitting and so that the spine remains straight, but at the same time the back does not rest on any surface.
If you are uncomfortable in this position, pick up another one that is necessarily convenient for you. Some people meditate while lying down, but you cannot fall asleep during a session, so if you haven’t slept well today, it’s better to give up the horizontal position.
How to do it: ways
How should meditation take place? There is no single algorithm, so it's difficult for beginners to understand the essence at once. There are several ways to immerse yourself in your mind:
- The first way is to concentrate on breathing. Breathe evenly, fill the chest with air, concentrate on it and do not think about anything else. Feel the air penetrate into you and fill the whole body, spread through it, and then out of you.
- The second way is the sound concentration or the use of so-called mantras. Mantra is a set of sounds or words that helps to relax and abstract from reality. You can use ready-made and proven mantras or invented by you. For example, many pronounce the short, but capacious syllable “Om”. Stretch it, feel how vibrations pass through every part of your body.
- The third way is to concentrate on a visual object. This technique is suitable for beginners, as it allows you to quickly escape from the thoughts. Choose some object or object and concentrate all your attention on it. It can be, for example, a candle flame, a pond, a picture, a tree or something else.
- Another way is to concentrate on movements. Just turn on the music and start moving under it. Do not try to dance according to any rules, relax and succumb to your feelings and feelings. To enhance the effect, you can close your eyes or turn off the lights.
Some tips for beginners:
- Do not try to think about not thinking. If thoughts can not be discarded, postpone the session.
- If you are depressed, do not worry that you have become worse. Keep up the good work, everything will change soon.
- Do not wait for instant results. Meditation is a long process. Do it every day, assess your condition, listen to yourself.
- Do not eat after and before meditation. An overloaded stomach will ruin everything and drown out the sensations.
Meditate and enjoy the changes and the results!
Beach fashion 2015
Why men avoid beautiful women
How to cook New Year cakes - step by step recipes
15 tricks with which even the untidy will knit as a craftsman
Provence in the interior
Cover for knife from birch bark