Feijoa jam, recipe with photos
Amazing plant, whose name is puzzling and smiling, feijoa is not just a tasty, but also a very useful berry. Mother Nature has endowed feijoa with unique healing properties. This fruit is the richest source of iodine, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, zinc. And he also has an incredible aroma and unmatched taste.
The most useful part of feijoa is the rind, although the pulp is also a valuable source of vitamins and minerals. The tart taste and viscous effect of the use of the peel in the raw form, to put it mildly, “to an amateur”, therefore, feijoa is most often heat treated, which improves the taste of the skin. The most common and fastest way to cook this fruit is to cook incredibly tasty, fragrant and healthy jam. We offer you a few simple recipes of amazing feijoa jam that your family and relatives will appreciate.
Feijoa jam with nuts, quick recipe
- ripe feijoa fruits - 1 kg
- sugar - 1 kg
- water 100 ml
- peanuts or walnuts - 100 g
- Wash berries well, clean from dry inflorescences.
- Using a blender or meat grinder, chop the fruit thoroughly to a smooth, mushy state, along with the peel.
- Pour the resulting mass into the pan and put
on slow fire.
- Add sugar and water, mix everything thoroughly.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil, constantly stirring the mass and removing the foam.
- After the jam boils in it you need to add chopped roasted nuts.
- Feijoa should be cooked over very low heat for 35–40 minutes. It should thicken, become like a jelly.
- After that, the jam must be removed from the heat, let it cool down a little and packaged in sterilized jars.
Feijoa Caramel Jam Recipe
This method of making feijoa jam is a bit more complicated than in the previous recipe, but the result is well worth the effort. The output is a real yummy - delicate jelly with caramel flavor. Try to make jam with this recipe and you will definitely not regret it!
- feijoa ripe fruit, small size - 0.5 kg
- sugar - 1 cup
- water - 500 ml
- Cognac - 1 tbsp. l.
- Ripe small berries to wash and peel. Put the peel, put the berries in a container with cool water.
- In a deep frying pan, pour 0.5 cups of sugar and put on a slow fire. Sugar must be constantly stirred until caramel is formed.
- Remove the caramel from the heat, allow to cool slightly and pour boiling water gently. Quickly stirring, add feijoa peel to the mass.
- Put the frying pan on a slow fire and keep 5-7 minutes, until the caramel is completely dissolved.
- Drain the resulting syrup through a colander into a pan for cooking jam.
- Add peeled fruits and remaining sugar, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30–40 minutes, not forgetting to stir.
- 3-4 minutes before the end of cooking add brandy. Pour into prepared jars.
Do-it-yourself berry combine
How to hide a number on a megaphone
Disagreements between parents
Do-it-yourself master class on March 8
How to take utrozhestan
Tip 2: How to deal with stress at work
Ozone therapy for the face