Cod - healthy and very tasty fish
Fish is not only healthy, but also tasty, of course, if you cook it correctly. And what dishes can be cooked from cod?
What is this fish?
Cod is the most famous representative of the cod family. Cod is a gregarious marine inhabitant who is a predator and eats other marine creatures. An adult individual can reach 1.5 meters in length, but for commercial purposes it is common to catch fish that have reached the age of 3-10 years, the length of which does not exceed 40-80 centimeters. The weight of the average individual is of the order of 0.4-4 kilograms.
There are many species of cod, but the Baltic Sea, Atlantic, White Sea, Greenland and Pacific are the most well-known and common. The main part of the world catch falls on such countries as Russia, Denmark, Great Britain, Iceland, Norway and Canada.
Cod is very, very useful, because it contains vitamins B12, C, B, A, D, zinc, phosphorus, calcium, sodium, iodine, potassium, phospholipids, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and much more.By the way, cod can be called an excellent dietary product, because it contains only about 70-90 calories.
How to choose?
For cod dishes to be healthy and tasty, you need to take a responsible attitude towards the choice of such a product. Some important points to pay attention to:
- If you decide to purchase a whole carcass with your head, then the first thing you should pay attention to is the gills and eyes. Gills must be intact and undamaged. The area under the gills should have a uniform rich color. The eyes should be clear and convex, and not hollow and cloudy.
- If you buy a carcass without a head, evaluate its cut. Meat should be elastic and have a uniform beige-pinkish tint.
- Rate the smell. It should not be too sharp, but pleasant, characteristic of sea fish. Unpleasant putrid "aroma" should alert and frighten off.
- The covers of the fish must be holistic, shiny. Damage is not allowed.
- If you purchase frozen fillets, the icing should be transparent and shiny. If there is a package, please rate it. It must be intact and airtight. On it the supplier should indicate all the important information: the place and time of the catch,contact details, storage conditions.
What to cook?
How to cook cod tasty? Recipes are incredibly many. Such fish can be fried, boiled, baked or steamed. It goes well with various vegetables and sauces. We offer several options.
The recipe is the first
Bake the cod in the oven. To do this you will need:
- several large cod steaks;
- 1 teaspoon mustard;
- lemon juice;
- dill greens;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil.
- Steak the cod carefully and dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle each steak with lemon juice and rub with salt. Leave the fish for 10 minutes.
- Now grate each piece with mustard and sprinkle with finely chopped dill.
- It is best to bake cod in foil, and, wrapping each steak in it. But first grease the foil with vegetable oil so that the fish will not burn while cooking.
- Place the foiled steaks on a baking sheet and send to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. Cooking time is about 30-40 minutes.
- Done! Serve the cod with vegetables.
No less tasty is cod, fried in a pan in cheese batter. To prepare such a simple dish, you will need:
- 500 grams of cod fillet;
- 50 grams of hard cheese;
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 1 egg;
- 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- First prepare the fillets. It must be washed and dried well, and then cut into portioned pieces of medium size. Salt and pepper each morsel, leave for 15 minutes
- Now prepare the cheese batter. To do this, rub the cheese on a medium grater, mix with egg and mayonnaise.
- Flour flour in a wide bowl or on the board.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Now take one piece of cod, dip it first in the flour, and then in the cheese breading, and then immediately put it in the pan. Do the same with the other pieces of fish.
- Cook cod on each side for about 5-7 minutes on low heat.
Bake cod fillets with vegetables. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg cod fillet;
- 3 tomatoes;
- 1 onions;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 1 bunch of parsley;
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil;
- ½ lemon;
- ½ tsp oregano;
- pepper and salt to taste.
- To begin, cut the fish into small portions.
- Peel and chop the garlic with a garlic press or a blender (if desired, rub it with a grater).
- In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, pepper, salt, chopped garlic, oregano. There also squeeze the juice from half a lemon. Mix everything well.
- Put the fish in the prepared marinade and leave for an hour so that it is thoroughly soaked with spices, butter and lemon juice.
- While cod is pickled, get some vegetables. Peel Bulgarian pepper and cut into cubes. Onions should be peeled and cut into half rings. Tomatoes, too, cut into cubes. Salt and mix all the chopped vegetables.
- Take a baking sheet, grease and place all the vegetables on its bottom. Put a cod on top.
- Send the pan to the oven, heated to 170-180 degrees, for about 40 minutes.
Delicious and tender cod is made in sour cream sauce. To prepare this dish you will need:
- 500-700 grams of cod fillet;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 6-7 tablespoons vegetable oil for roasting;
- 2-3 tablespoons of flour;
- 1 bunch of green dill;
- 150 grams of sour cream (20% fat);
- 100 ml of water;
- salt to taste (about half a teaspoon).
- Cod fillets should be washed and dried, then cut into portions and rub with salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in the pan and fry the fillets on both sides until golden brown appears (about 5-7 minutes on each side). But before frying, slice each slice in flour.
- Put the fish in a bowl and forget about it for now.
- Take care of the preparation of vegetables. Peel the onions and finely chop them with a knife, and wash the carrots well and grate them on a large grater.
- Wash the pan, so that there is no fish smell, and reheat the oil on it. Fry the onions and carrots until tender (all vegetables should be soft, but not deep-fried).
- Mix water with sour cream, add previously chopped chopped dill.
- Vegetables in a pan, pour the resulting sour cream mixture. Heat everything over low heat again. You've got a tasty sweetened-vegetable sauce.
- Fill the cod with the sauce and serve.
The fifth recipe
Separately, you can use cod liver, it is very nutritious and healthy, although it is very high in calories.It is best to use the prepared canned liver. Try making a salad. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 can of canned cod liver;
- 3 eggs;
- 2 potatoes;
- 1 onion;
- salt to taste;
- mayonnaise for refueling.
- Boil the potatoes straight in the uniform, cool, peel and cut into small cubes.
- Eggs also boil hard boiled, cool, peel and chop in the same way as potatoes.
- Remove the liver from the jar, shake off any excess oil. You can simply crush the pieces with a fork, or you can cut them with a knife.
- Onions should be peeled and finely chopped. To remove the bitterness, pour boiling water over the onions and literally in a minute, fold it into a colander and shake.
How to make a frost pattern on the glass
What hairstyles will be popular in 2015 (13 photos)
What are the flowers of mint shade
Lunar calendar haircuts and nails for January 2018: favorable days for the Oracle
What does the shape of your lipstick say about your personality?
Reduced oxygen consumption during smoking
What can I give my mother for birthday