Causes and treatment of menstrual failure
Today, deviations of the menstrual cycle are among the most frequent gynecological problems that almost every woman faces at different periods of life. However, they all differ from each other in the causes of appearance and the nature of the course, from temporary and single violations to permanent delays.
It is inherent in women’s health care to keep a calendar where the cycle length is marked in order to notice violations in time and get an adequate solution to the problem in case of indisposition. This attitude is welcomed by all gynecologists, since it is very important for the childbearing function and the process of its extinction during the period of menopause.
Failure of the menstrual cycle is a pathology leading to a complete absence of menstruation or a violation of regularity, to abundant or painful discharge.
Nature of menstruation
Menstruation is a cyclical process during which the mucous membrane of the uterus is exfoliated, accompanied by uterine bleeding. Normal for the menstrual cycle such characteristics are inherent:
- bleeding for three to seven days;
- the interval between bleeding three to five weeks;
- the volume of blood loss is not more than eighty milliliters.
In women, the onset of the first menstruation is twelve to thirteen and a half years, with the establishment of a cycle in the first year. During each year, including the first, at least eight cycles take place. In the absence of menstruation at the age of fourteen years of age, a medical examination is necessary.
The normal cycle has a duration of twenty-one days to thirty-three and is calculated on the principle from the beginning to the beginning of menstruation. A serious relationship requires a delay of over fourteen days and frequent periods. It is worth paying attention to the sudden increase in the cycle, the quality of discharge with a duration in the period of the cycle. Any of the identified deviations requires expert advice.
For violations of the menstrual cycle, there is a classification. Deviations are divided into:
- amenorrhea, with complete absence of menstruation;
- oligomenorrhea, with rare secretions every few months;
- ospimenorrhea, with the presence of scanty dirty secretions in two to three days;
- hyperpolymenorrhea, characterized by abundant secretions and a normal period;
- menorrhagia, which has an abundant discharge for more than ten days;
- metrorrhagia with irregular secretions among the cycle;
- proiomenorrhea when the cycle is less than twenty one days;
- algomenorrhea with a regular cycle, in which severe pains are present;
- dysmenorrhea, in which, in addition to pain, there are vegetative disorders with signs of intoxication.
The gynecologist-endocrinologist diagnoses and treats the listed violations.
Factors of occurrence
Among specialists there are different opinions about violations, and some of them are not inclined to consider the phenomenon as a disease, relating it to a sign of pathologies or changes in a woman’s body associated with a certain age.
Most often this pathology signals a hormonal failure, which can be caused not only by a violation of the functions of the gonads, but also by other systems.
Sometimes the causes lie in the imbalance of thyroid hormones, associated with the adrenal glands and the brain. There are a lot of factors leading to hormonal failure with a subsequent violation of the cycle. Deviations may occur as a result of:
- stress, the presence of diseases of the nervous system;
- some diseases of the internal organs;
- infectious diseases;
- taking medications;
- radiation exposure;
- improper diet or abrupt climate change.
Separately, we should highlight the age over forty-five years, when the climax may begin. There are cases in which deviations from the cycle testify to serious diseases, and then diagnosed:
- ectopic pregnancy;
- malignant or benign neoplasms of various organs, including the brain;
- sexually transmitted diseases;
Some women have a prejudice about hygiene tampons supposedly affecting the cycle. But this is a fallacy refuted by research.
If there is a temporary failure pattern without serious illness, which is the most common, no special treatment is required.But it is still recommended to visit a gynecologist, especially with a long violation of the cycle. If stress and overstrain became the cause of the deviation, then more time should be spent on proper rest. Do not overdo it with motor activity, but do not use bed rest, create favorable conditions for relaxation and get positive emotions. Treatment of stressful failures must begin with the elimination of the cause.
If the climate change fails, which happens when you go to the sea or change your place of residence, no special actions are taken, because as soon as the body adapts to new conditions, everything passes and the monthly cycle is restored. What to do if the violation occurred due to diet?
Should return to a balanced diet and be careful with the choice of options for the proposed diets. When avitaminosis is required to take vitamins and minerals in a complex and prescribed by a doctor to restore the balance of nutrients in the body. With proper vitamin therapy, the normalization of the menstrual cycle does not take much time.
A doctor may prescribe medication if you have:
- hormonal imbalance;
- gynecological and infectious diseases;
- congenital or acquired urogenital pathologies.
Hormonal remedies are used when a hormonal failure or some infectious disease is diagnosed. Cycle to normal in these cases, you can use:
- Oral contraceptives with synthetic hormones in the composition. They contribute to the restoration of the functions of the endocrine glands, due to which monthly and normalized. The term of therapy takes from three to six months, but there are cases when, after the end of the course of treatment, abnormalities occur again.
- Hormonal drugs, which include only one synthetic hormone or substance that can block the production of a hormone. The appointment is made according to the results of the blood test. The drug is able to regulate the concentration of hormones in accordance with the norm.
In the case of heavy bleeding, pre-treatment of blood clotting is performed, and only then monthly periods are adjusted.
Irregular discharge as a result of hormonal disorders, contribute to the formation in the uterus of excess blood, which can serve as a source of inflammatory processes.Usually they look like clots that have accumulated as a result of various causes and have not left the uterine cavity during bleeding.
To remove them, a scraping method is used, which is performed in a hospital using general anesthesia. All extracted uterine clusters are subject to histological examination, and therapy continues in the form of hormonal administration. Subsequent drug treatment is very important, since in its absence education in the uterus arises again, and a new operation is required, which is not desirable from the point of view of a woman’s health.
The use of folk remedies
Of course, "folk medicine" did not ignore such a widespread problem. At violations of the cycle at all times, women used healing herbs in tinctures and decoctions. However, their use is not recommended without a preliminary examination of the doctor and his consent to use the folk remedy. Among the most popular recipes for failures in the menstrual cycle are the following:
- A decoction of nettle, which is taken internally in the presence of heavy bleeding.For its preparation, you need a tablespoon of herbs, boiled water and boiled for ten minutes on low heat. Strained broth is divided into three portions and consumed per day. Nettle medicine should not be taken for more than three days.
- From the flowers of calendula, you can make tincture to adjust the monthly. A glass of boiling water for ten grams of calendula. Insist for half an hour, and drink three times a day for two tablespoons of infusion at one time.
- To relieve pain they prepare a combined infusion. It is necessary to take the root of the brown rosehip - four parts, curly parsley - one and a half parts, fragrant rue - one part, and mix. Mix in the amount of one tablespoon pour a liter of boiling water, insist and drink half a glass twice a day.
- Viburnum bark is used in the treatment of heavy periods. Prepare a decoction of a spoon of bark and a glass of water for fifteen minutes, filter and drink. A tablespoon of the remedy three times a day helps reduce the amount of discharge.
Based on the fact that the causes of failures are usually diseases and lifestyle, prevention is reduced to the prevention of adverse factors.Key preventive measures are:
- in the use of means of protection and the exclusion of casual sex;
- in a healthy balanced diet, without the use of strict diets;
- in the regular intake of vitamins and minerals;
- in a timely visit to a gynecologist, preferably twice a year.
For every woman, regardless of age, control of the regularity of the monthly should become a habit, and every slightest deviation should cause concern with referring to a gynecologist. Timely identification of the problem that caused the failure of the cycle allows you to quickly and easily eliminate it and prescribe an effective treatment.
Do-it-yourself master class on March 8
Flashlight works on the heat of the hand
How to choose a good snowboard for skiing
Why the torrent does not work
How to become more attractive for men - the best advice